Saturday, July 25, 2009

Revenge of the Cheerleaders: A Review

Title: Revenge of the Cheerleaders
Author: Janette Rallison
Rating: 7.5 out of 10
Where I Found It: Library
Summary: High School Cheerleader Chelsea seeks revenge against her younger sister's rock-and-roller boyfriend after he embarrasses her once to often, but when she falls for his older brother, things become really complicated.
General Impression: I was impressed, expecting the normal light comedy from Janette Rallison, this one had more character development and depth than I think I've ever seen in her writing before. She didn't slack off on the humor front though. I was shocked by Janette creating a cheerleader character that I could relate to on as many levels as I did and yet at the same time be able to relate to her little sister. Her little sister whose goal it is to be the her exact opposite, no less. Anyone who wants a humorous romantic little teenage drama, this is your book.
-Heather


"How about that tall blond guy by the door?" Rachel said. "He's here with a friend but he keeps looking around - a sure sign he wants to meet someone."

When I didn't protest, she nodded in his direction, sizing him up again. "We'll have to approach slowly so as not to scare him off. Blonds startle easily."

No comments:

Post a Comment