Saturday, July 25, 2009

Fame, Glory, and Other Things On My To Do List: A Review

Title: Fame, Glory, and Other Things On My To Do List
Author: Janette Rallison
Rating: 7.5 out of 10
Where I Found It: Library
Summary: Jessica is thrilled when a son of a movie star moves to her town, sure her big break is at hand. However problems arise when the Principal decides that West Side Story isn't politically correct and insists it be rewritten to today's social standards.
General Impression: Janette Rallison, you never fail to write books that make me likely to cause damage to my internal organs because I'm laughing so hard. The way the character's interacted never got tiring, and even if the plot was a little on the predictable side, and maybe had to great of a happy ending, it was okay because it's a romantic teen comedy. The two main characters get together (seriously not a spoiler, you know it has to happen from chapter one) because it's a romantic teen comedy. The point is to get caught up in the humor filled whirlwind and go along for the ride. So if you want a book filled with Awww's and HAHAHAHA!'s, this is a must read. Especially if you're into acting.
-Heather


"No, I'm not Jessica's boyfriend. I'm the guy she likes but is giving to Kate because it's her best friend's turn to have a boyfriend."

"Jordan . . ." I said.

"What?" Brendan asked.

Jordan held up his hand, a gesture of disbelief. "You didn't know girls could give guys away either? Apparently they have an entire system set up that we don't know about. Just think of all the effort we could have saved ourselves if we had known."

No comments:

Post a Comment